POSITION: R DATA Analyst
LOCATION: BURLINGTON, VERMONT
IXIS is seeking an energetic, innovative quantitative researcher with expertise in classical and non-classical statistics and a proven ability to execute analytic initiatives to fill the position of R Data Analyst for the company. This is an onsite position located in Burlington, VT. The core responsibilities for this role include working with a team to design sophisticated and creative quantitative solutions—frequently through integration of novel data sources—and executing these solutions programmatically and reproducibly. In addition, this team member must be able to provide realistic estimates for hours and timelines needed to produce deliverables. The ideal candidate will combine deep technical expertise in programmatic statistical analysis and predictive modeling (primarily using R) with strong critical thinking and “data IQ” skills, in order to translate client questions into quantitative approaches that produce actionable insights for our clients.
- Design and execute quantitative analyses to extract actionable insights that directly address client needs and questions
- Import, clean, integrate, explore, and visualize large datasets to support ongoing research projects and ad hoc client requests
- Use R and other software tools (SQL, Rmarkdown, git, and others) to ensure that quantitative analyses are reproducible
- Work with data engineers to plan, implement, and automate integration of external data sources across a variety of architectures, including local databases, web APIs, CRM systems, etc.
- Work with our quantitative and development teams to design and implement automated data analysis and predictive modeling technologies in support of client deliverables
- Participate in quantitative requirements meetings to build supporting evidence for retail and digital strategies
- Collaborate with technical, development, database and QA engineers
- Prioritize multiple tasks intelligently and maintain clear lines of communication with supervisor, team, and clients
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science; or B.A./B.S. in a quantitative area (such as Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science or Economics) with a minor (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science; post-graduate degree preferred. Commensurate professional experience will be considered
- 2+ years’ professional experience with programmatic data analysis and visualization using R and common packages (dplyr/tidyverse, ggplot2, reshape2, data.table, rmarkdown); must be adept at writing your own functions in R and using common R/tidyverse programming idioms
- Experience working with real-world datasets, including database queries, data aggregation, record linkage, data cleaning/reshaping/management, and descriptive data analysis; data visualization and automated reporting experience preferred
- Excellent attention to detail, critical thinking skills, and a systematic and creative approach to problem-solving, with strong data intuition
- Ability to work well with a team and on a deadline
- Self-motivated to develop and learn new skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Formal training in research design and statistical testing, including classical significance tests, linear models, survival analysis, and timeseries
- Experience with digital analytics (such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics) and e-commerce fundamentals
- How many years’ experience do you have with programmatic data analysis using R?
- How many years’ experience do you have with Web Analytics?
- Are you authorized to work in the United States?
- Do you currently reside in the Burlington, VT area?
- If you are not in the Burlington, VT area, are you willing to relocate?
About This Company:
Founded in 2012, IXIS is rooted in innovative processes for data-driven digital experience and strategic online planning. Our mission is to integrate and synchronize traditional and digital marketing initiatives to recalibrate and connect brands across converging media. We offer competitive compensation packages, flexible work schedule, and exceptional growth opportunities.