POSITION: SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
LOCATION: BURLINGTON, VERMONT
IXIS is seeking an energetic, technically skilled Senior Software Engineer to lead the development of our tools and infrastructure. This is an on-site position at our office in Burlington, Vermont. Core responsibilities include architecting distributed systems, CI/CD pipelines, scaling current infrastructure and building critical backend services and automation tools. The candidate will also work with developers to assist with implementing analytics tagging systems by performing code reviews and site QA. The ideal candidate is self-driven, with a passion for designing creative solutions using the latest technologies, and enjoys working with teams of developers and other technical staff to deliver outstanding results. Please note: applicants will be required to complete a code test as a part of our application process.
- Assist in architecting our bare metal Kubernetes and Docker infrastructure
- Apply best practices to scale our internal and client facing web applications and databases to ensure high availability and fault tolerance
- Work with data engineers and platform engineers to build and optimize various backend services such as web crawlers, REST APIs etc
- Build systems to improve application monitoring, logging and alerting
- Build internal automation tools to help data scientists and engineers
- Implement robust CI/CD pipelines using GitLab CI and Kubernetes for our applications
- Facilitate collaboration with other developers/engineers, delegate tasks and give critical feedback
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field. Equivalent professional experience will be considered.
- 6+ years of experience with scaling web applications and databases. Experience with scaling Postgres a plus
- 3+ years of experience with CI/CD pipelines and DevOps tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- 6+ years of experience with SQL and relational databases (preferably Postgres)
- 6+ years experience with Git. Contributions to large open source repositories a plus
- 6+ working in a Linux environment. Should be comfortable with creating cron jobs, writing quick bash scripts and be well versed in sed and awk
- 3+ years of experience working with Linux networking tools
- Must enjoy working with team members and clients, demonstrate a strong ability to communicate clearly and meet deadlines
- R programming experience a plus
- 3+ years of unit testing/continuous integration experience
- 3+ years of experience implementing digital analytics tags, preferably in Adobe Analytics
About This Company:
Founded in 2012, IXIS is rooted in innovative processes for data-driven digital experience and strategic online planning. Our mission is to integrate and synchronize traditional and digital marketing initiatives to recalibrate and connect brands across converging media. We offer competitive compensation packages, flexible work schedule, and exceptional growth opportunities.